Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Giving Thanks

It is the season to be grateful, and I have so many things to be thankful for! Remember on Thanksgiving that you have been blessed with so many things that you take for granted. Don’t let anything slip by you unnoticed! Recognize every blessing and give thanks for it.

Five Things I am Thankful for:

1. My Faith
You have no idea how much my Lord Jesus means to me! Without Him, I would be lost and sad most of the time. Jesus is my Savior, and He guides me every step of the way. Without His forgiveness and purpose, I would be a meaningless mess, but because He has a divine purpose for my life, I am no longer afraid.

2. My Family
Without my family, I would be so very lonely! Dad: Thank you for working so hard to fulfill my needs, and for being an example of Godly love! Mom: Thank you for always being ready to listen. Whether I need advice or just to vent, I am so grateful for you! Noah: Thank you for being such a fun brother. I love you so much, and want to be your best friend forever! Lexi: I have so much fun playing dress up and dolls with you. Let’s keep our relationship strong!

3. Dance
There are so many things that could prevent me from dancing, but God has allowed me to keep worshiping Him through dance. I love all my teachers and thank them for helping me grow in my technique and strength. May I always dance for God, and not let my focus be shifted from Him!

4. My job
I love my job, even if it is sometimes hard. The values and lessons I have learned through it have taught me so much. I have learned how to be a gracious, smiling server, even when the grumpiest of people comes my way. Thank you, Lord, for my job!

5. Being Homeschooled
What a blessing it is to be able to escape all the influences and distractions that teens face at public school. Not only can I go my own pace and learn everything well, but I can use curricula that gives God credit for being the Creator of the universe. Thank you, Jesus, for this opportunity!

I give God the glory for all of my blessings, and want to love and serve Him all of my days. What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment